Are you searching for a Bradenton Neuro Ophthalmology clinic? Coastal Eye is one of the best eye institutes in the US, with fellowship-trained eye doctors who offer expertise across a full spectrum of eye care, including:
- Laser cataract surgery
- Micro-incision cataract surgery
- Advanced lens implants
- Macular degeneration
- Diabetic retinopathy
- Dry eye disease
- Neuro Ophthalmology
- Eyelid plastic surgery
- Lasik laser vision correction
- Cornea transplants
- Pediatric Ophthalmology
- Routine eye care for patients of all ages
Coastal Eyeâs very own Dr. Eric Berman is a very special doctor in Bradenton and is one of only about 500 neuro ophthalmology specialists in the world. This means patients living within traveling distance of Coastal Eye have access to among the best eye care anywhere in the world. Dr. Berman performs cosmetic and reconstructive surgeries and Botox injections for both spasm disorders and cosmetic procedures and treats a wide range of neurological conditions.
Many problems that are seen by Coastal Eyeâs Bradenton neuro-ophthalmology specialist are not worrisome, however, other conditions can worsen and cause permanent visual loss, or become life threatening. Sometimes the problem is confined to the optic nerve or the nervous system and other times it is related to a general medical condition. Neuro-ophthalmologists have unique abilities to evaluate patients from the neurologic, ophthalmologic, and medical standpoints to diagnose and treat a wide variety of problems. You may be able to avoid costly medical testing by seeing the Bradenton neuro ophthalmology specialist.
Some of the common problems evaluated by neuro-ophthalmologists include: optic nerve problems (such as optic neuritis and ischemic optic neuropathy), visual field loss, unexplained visual loss, transient visual loss, visual disturbances, double vision, abnormal eye movements, thyroid eye disease, myasthenia gravis, unequal pupil size, and eyelid abnormalities.
If your doctor has advised you to see an eye specialist for your condition, you can schedule can appointment with Coastal Eyeâs Bradenton neuro ophthalmology specialist by calling 941-748-1818. During your evaluation, you can expect the following:
- The neuro-ophthalmologic evaluation is one of the most comprehensive examinations you will experience. It may take a few hours to complete. You will be asked to give an account of your current problem and relate your entire medical history, including previous hospitalizations, operations, serious illnesses, medical problems in your family members, and medication allergies.
- You will have a complete eye examination. This may include testing of your peripheral vision (visual field test).
- You may have a partial or complete neurologic exam to test your strength, sensation, and coordination.
- The neuro-ophthalmologist will review the records and scans from previous evaluations, if applicable.
- After the examination, the neuro-ophthalmolgist will discuss the diagnosis (or possible diagnoses), the need for any additional testing and possible treatment.
Schedule your appointment today with the Bradenton Neuro Ophthalmology specialist, Dr. Eric Berman, by calling 941-748-1818. You can also go online to CoastalEye.com, where you can learn more bout the types of treatments that are offered in the eye clinic and how they can help your vision.Bradenton Ophthalmology