Coastal Eye Clinic’s Bradenton eye doctors are fellowship-trained ophthalmologists in every specialty of eye care and look forward to sitting down with you to discuss your eye care needs. As one of the area’s largest ophthalmology practices and features a comprehensive team of the best Bradenton eye doctors around.
From infancy to senior years and everything in between Coastal Eye provides care for the total health of your eyes, including:
- Laser cataract surgery
- Macular degeneration
- Diabetic retinopathy
- Dry eye disease
- Lasik laser vision correction
- Pediatric eye care
- Routine eye care
- And much more
If you’re searching for a Neuro-Opthalmologist, Coastal Eye’s Bradenton eye doctors are among the best in the world. Dr. Eric Berman is a board-certified neuro-ophthalmologist treating patients in Sarasota, Bradenton, Lakewood Ranch and Sun City Center. He is one of only 500 such specialists in the US and treats visual problems in patients with neurological conditions, such as Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease, strokes, facial nerve palsy, Pseudo-tumor cerebra and headaches.
Eye problems that do not stem from the eyes themselves but are instead related to the nervous system are treated by Neuro-ophthalmologists. As humans, vision-related activities, including sight and moving the eyes are performed with the brain. Neuro-ophthalmology requires specialized training and expertise in problems of the eye, brain, nerves and muscles. A Neuro-ophthalmologist must complete at least 5 years of clinical training after finishing medical school.
If you have scheduled an appointment with Coastal Eye’s Bradenton eye doctors for a neuro-ophthalmology evaluation, prepare for your appointment by following these steps:
- Make a request that your treating physicians send all relevant information to the neuro-ophthalmologist prior to your appointment, including office notes, results of laboratory tests and reports of CT and MRI scans.
- In the event that you have had a CT or MRI scan performed, arrange to pick up the actual films and bring them with you, or have the facility mail them to the neuro-ophthalmologist in advance of your appointment.
- Coastal Eye’s Bradenton eye doctors will dilate your pupils during the visit. The eye drops last about 4 hours and will make things look bright and blurry up close. Have someone else drive you to the appointment and bring your sunglasses.
- Ladies, please do not wear make-up, in order for the physician to get a good look at your eyelids and to avoid ruining your appearance when the eye drops are administered.
- Be forthcoming with any medications you are taking, including the name and dosage of prescription and over-the-counter medications.
The evaluation may take a few hours to complete in order to be thorough. You will asked to give a detailed account of your current problem and relate your entire medical history, including previous hospitalizations, operations, serious illnesses, medical problems in your family members and medication allergies.
The Bradenton region is fortunate to have some of the world’s best eye doctors working at Coastal Eye. Your vision is precious. Make sure you trust it to Bradenton eye doctors who have the skill and experience it takes to care for your eyes. Call Coastal Eye today at 941-748-1818.Bradenton Eye Doctors