Consider booking an appointment with Animal Hospital of Ovilla when you need advice from a bird vet in Dallas. Owning a bird can be a rewarding experience, however, thereâs a lot you may not know about your bird that an experienced vet can help with. Unlike dogs and cats, a bird may not clue you in that theyâre feeling under the weather. While there are a few tell-tale signs you can can look for to detect an illness, a bird vet can offer insight into whatâs going on with your birdâs health. At A.H. of Ovilla, we have experienced bird vets on staff who can take a look at your pet.
5 Reasons Your Bird Needs to Regularly See a Vet
1. Bird owners are typically not aware that most bird species require a specific environment for optimum health, such as heat requirements, light, bedding, etc. Simply providing heat and light may not be enough to maintain your birdâs health; they may need tropical or sub-tropical conditions to thrive. Our bird vet in Dallas at A.H. of Ovilla can provide advice and insight into the best environment for your pet.
2. Poor nutrition is a common cause of bird illness. Birds have special nutritional requirements that can only be met by providing the right type of seed, nuts, fruits,, or grain, depending on the kind of bird you own. Itâs a mistake to simply open a bag of variety bird seed in hopes that some of what your bird needs will be included in the mix; youâll need to know exactly how to feed your bird the type of foods that it would enjoy in its natural environment.
3. The novice bird owner may not be aware that many birds react to seasonal changes, temperature, and many other environmental stimuli. A bird vet in Dallas can provideinsight as to whether your bird's behavior is normal or abnormal. If youâre a nervous bird owner, you can certainly appreciate the value of understanding more about what your pet is experiencing throughout the year and how changes can affect them.
4. Birds and other exotic pets can carry intestinal and external parasites that can not only make them sick but can also be transmitted to humans. A simple stool check can give your vet a better idea of how healthy your bird is, and while youâre visiting your vet, they can prescribe anti-parasitic medicines to keep your bird healthy.
5. Many exotic birds need their nails and/or wings trimmed to help with training in the home. This is a task best performed by a knowledgeable and experienced bird vet in Dallas. Donât take chances when it comes to the health of your beloved bird- get in touch with A.H. of Ovilla to schedule a wellness exam today.Bird Vet Dallas